Sunday, August 8, 2010

Day 28-30 end of wk 4 start of wk 5

Friday was my cheat day and the last day of week 4.  I usually do one restaurant and frozen  yogurt, but springfield restaurants have a 3 course special this month for 20$ so I decided to go for it.  Especially since I found a restaurant that focuses on using local ingredients prepared fresh - Farmer's Gastropub.  It was well worth it, though I went with the more expensive 3 course prix fixe.  

Meal 1: grits w/ 1 tsp butter

Meal 2: cottage cheese w/ 1 peach

Meal 3: 1 slice whole grain bread toasted w/ blue cheese crumbles and cucumber w/ oil and vinegar

Meal 4, 5 and 5 combined: Farmer's Gastropub: grilled veggie salad (onion, zucchini and red pepper w/ greens and goat cheese and an orange sage vinegrette), trout crusted and panfried with an almond tomato pilaf and green beans, lavender creme brulee.  I also had a glass of reisling and a peach sangria.

Saturday was the start of week 5.  Measurements:
Weight: 234 (only down .6 this week, but overall its a loss of 11.6 lbs in 1 month)
Waist: 42 1/4" (down 2.25")
Hips: 49" (down 1.5")
Thigh (L): 26 1/4" (down 1.25")
Calf (L): 17 1/4" (down .75")
Chest: 44" (down .5")
Upper arm (L): 14" (down 1")

So overall I'm going down.  I've slowed down, but this last week was my monthly week so may be retaining etc, and I was not 100%.   So the goal for this coming month is to really focus on getting the proper amounts of protein, carbs, whole grains for the day.   Menus are planned.  Today was not my greatest day but that's okay we have 2 on top of it weeks coming and I meet with the trainer this week. 

Meal 1: smoothie (strawberries, banana, milk, protein powder, ice)

Meal 2: carrots and cucumber w/ hummus

Meal 3 & 4: (this was where the downhill momentum started for the day) 1 slice watermelon, 1 red potato boiled w/ salt and pepper, 1/4 of an orange, 6 fig newtons (3 w/ peanut butter) - did I mention this was while I was volunteering for a bike race.  I was at one of the pit stops and this was the layout and as we were there we munched and it was contageous and bad.   I have to admire these people though, not sure I could stand to sit on a bike for 42 or 62 miles (the 2 course options)

Meal 5: pulled pork on bun w/ mustard vinegar sauce, coleslaw and side of cheesy corn

Meal 6: frozen yogurt w/ orange bursts and later a glass of chocolate milk

1 dove dark chocolate square

Sunday:  Today was my back on track day.  Easier since was at home all day, but really need to focus again.  I want to keep seeing the weight line going down.

Meal 1: 1 whole egg and 2 egg whites scrambled served w/ 1 orange, and potatoes cooked w/ onion (It was 2 small red potatoes and 1 small yukon gold)

Meal 2: 1 orange w/ handful of almonds

Meal 3: pulled pork on whole wheat bun w/ vinegar mustard sauce and coleslaw.

Meal 4: cottage cheese and 1 mango

Meal 5: 2 crab cakes w/ salad greens and vinegrette

MEal 6: banana smoothie w/ hershey's syrup, milk and ice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment